We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

Which Kosice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Royersford...
3 posts
Save Topic
Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

My wife and I are traveling to Slovakia in April, and are interested in taking the Euronight 444 train from Kosice to Prague. I know that we can reserve couchettes on that train beginning 60 days in advance on the Slovak rail website, but does anyone know how we can reserve a private double-bed sleeper? Do we need to purchase that in person at the station, or is it possible to get it somewhere online? Are there even sleepers on the trip? According to this site: http://cp.atlas.sk/vlak/spojenie/ it looks like there may only be sleepers on the second leg, from Zilina to Prague.

I'd appreciate any help!

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

Thanks for the tips. Let me try next time.

Royersford...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

We're about to leave on our trip, but I had another question on this topic:

Is it likely we'll be able to reserve a 2-person compartment on the day before departure? Or will that be too late?

Or would it just be better to reserve a 3-person compartment online to make sure that we get a reservation?

It seems like it would be about the same price to reserve a 2-person compartment, or to reserve all three beds in a 3-person compartment (that way we'd still have the room to ourselves).

Thanks again for any help,

John

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

I'd say that normally you would have no problem reserving the day before - however if you're travelling over Easter then the situation might be different.

If it's not significantly dearer then it's an option you can try I guess.... wouldn't you have to buy 3 tickets plus 3 reservations though? Never really considered this before, I hope somebody else knows....

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,403 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

The trouble with that is that a reservation expires if nobody has occupied the space 15 minutes afterwards so in theory the sleeping car attendant can sell the other two if somebody else wants them. You should be OK buying two in a three-person compartment, though, because over Easter I reckon if anything people will be going the other way (lots of Slovaks study and work in Prague).

15. Re: Kosice to Prague on Euronight train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Kosice