We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

If anyone knows a reputable taxi service that I can book for a good price, please let me know...we arrive at Bratislava airport on the morning of 18th March and return 23th March...our budget is 100 EU return...thanks....

Bratislava
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
316 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Hi,

this might be a bit problem...Taxi stand at the airport are 'occupied' by several companies, which are the most expensive. You could call other taxi companies and their car would come to the airport, but I don't know, if they speak English.

I usually use TREND company +421-903-216 302, they might speak some English. Or try to reserve a cab on web page www.da.sk (also in English) and check the price in advance. But I am afraid, it should be more then 100 eur, Bratislava Vienna (about 60 km) is about 70 eur and Piestany atre bit far

Let me know, if you find a solution, I can chcek a price with taxi company in advance and if you agree order a taxi for you.

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Stuli, thank you for your reply and very kind offer. I have emailed the taxi company you told me about to get a price. We may take the train to save money, I understand you take the number 21 bus from Bratislava airport to the train station then take the train to Piestany, is it easy? - we then have to find Thermia Palace Hotel on Spa Island. We do not speak any Slovakian...just English, French and Italian...many thanks Carmen x

Bratislava
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
316 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Hi,

http://217.12.52.132/internetIKVCWeb/pageFlow/connection/searchConnection.do

I checked the train connection, there are train almost every hour. Hotel Thermia is easy to find, it is at the beginning of Spa Island, I don't remember how far it is from the train station, but you might take a taxi there

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Thanks again Stuli, I checked the price of the taxi company you sent me and it ended up being dearer than the hotel transfer cost, I guess they may have thought we were made of money staying at the Thermia Palace! Anyway I thnk we will take the train so thanks alot for checking it out....X

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Hi Stuli

Setting off for Piestany next week...we've decided to try to get to Spa Island by train...can we connect from Bratislava airport and, if so, which train is it? Many thanks x

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,085 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

OK - here's an 'idiot's guide' to getting to Piestany from the airport :)

You get bus no. 61 to the main station (last stop - 25 minutes). You will need to buy a ticket at the kiosk in the airport - get some money from the cashpoint near the exit (don't change it before you arrive whatever you do, and don't change it at the 'exchange' booth in the airport!).

The bus ticket costs 22 Crowns. I presume there are two of you travelling, so write this down and show it to the person there:

2 x 22-korúnový cestovný lístok prosím - change the 2 to however many of you are travelling.

At the station, buy your tickets from the ticket sales counter - it costs 126 Crowns each to Piestany - about 160 Crowns first class.

For 1st class, 2 people write down: 2 x Pieštany 1. trieda, prosím

For 2nd, 2 people write: 2 x Pieštany prosím (the second class bit is taken as read)

Trains go all the time as it is on the main route - this site will help you cp.atlas.sk/ConnForm.asp?tt=a&p=AT&cl=E5

Your next hurdle is to find your train - you will not see Piestany as a destination on the destination board as all the trains go to places like Košice, Žilina, even Kiev - but don't panic, ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction. Lots of people, mainly the younger ones, will speak English. Even the announcements will be in English for the main international trains so keep your ears open.

The journey takes 56 minutes. All in all, it will be much cheaper than your 100 Euro budget - that should be enough for a good few days eating out, etc.

Hope this helps!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,085 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Oh - and don't forget to 'validate' your bus ticket in the yellow/red box inside the bus - just watch the others. Otherwise you might end up paying a fine if you are checked by the inspector.

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

hey thanks! You're a star...and I will be able to try out some Slovakian too ....:) X

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,085 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

Just thought of one thing - getting hold of change might be tricky for getting a bus ticket as I was just thinking with my wife whether there actually is a kiosk there. There must be one. If not, just get a taxi from outside, but don't get the ones that go from straight outside - turn to your right and walk down about 50 yards and get one of the 'normal' taxis, which are (should be) a lot cheaper - you shouldn't be paying more than 400 crowns to the main station. Even that might be a lot - I just know that to ours it is 280!

If you really want to get the bus, try getting Slovak change by buying something on the plane and asking for crowns as change.

Also, if you have some knocking about at home, bring a couple of 1 Euro coins (or 5 crown coins) for the trolley - they are not free and it is very annoying indeed.

10. Re: bratislava airport to piestany - taxi needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 02:18