We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding venues

Essex
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
wedding venues

getting married june 2010 and we are looking for a venue with accomadation near by for family and friends we are open to all ideas but my fiance comes from pasvalys so somewhere near there would be good but anywhere would also be good, please help ??????????????

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding venues

While planing ahead is a good thing, your question is quite premature. It sounds you have never been to Lithuania before, if that is the case, I am sure you will have at least few opportunities for yourself to go there and see some places that might be suitable for such an occasion yet... Assuming that your relationship will survive until the big day, I would advise to explore some other locations like Lithuanian Lake District Moletai-Utena-Zarasai.some 70 miles from Pasvalys. Still around Pasvalys you could stay at Januškų dvaras, or Balsių Malūnas. Again all depends on your budget and number of guests. Anyway given a choice, I would never choose Pasvalys myself. Standards there are quite low, no tourists, consequently no appropriate infrastructure. I would recommend 85Km from Pasvalys the place called Taujenu Dvaras www.taujenudvaras.lt or Šešuolėlių Dvaras www.sesuoleliudvaras.lt and www.villamindoza.lt but they are quite small and have 6 – 8 bedrooms and a bit further away. But probably the best place is www.akmeninerezidencija.lt it's in Trakai and everything is there. Good luck then.

london
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding venues

Hi

I'd like to have a civil wedding in vilnius or trakai does anyone know if you can ask a registra to come to a hotel etc to have the ceremony?

Can anyone recommend any nice venue's in vilnius/trakai? any good wedding planners who also speak english? Average cost of a wedding in vilnius?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding venues

For perhaps the wedding or at least for a seriously relaxing afterparty in that general vicinity, i can personally recommend a resort called 'Pas Jona' (translating to 'To John's House/Place') that's within the Ignalina National Park which is simply gorgeous, with the perfect isolated lakeside sauna setup.

Jonas has done a wonderful job creating this place and i cannot wait to get back there.

http://www.kaimo-turizmas.lt/

'Kaimas' with style.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding venues

lonlady>

In Lithuania You can have a civil wedding only in registry offices. Officials don‘t go to other places, except if You have a serious illness and can‘t move.

Non Lithuania citizen must have a document issued by the registry office of his country of origin that he has no registred marriagies. This document must be translated into lithuanian and legalised.

If You and Your fiance are both non lithuanians You should ask about wedding registration procedures at Your diplomatic offices, maybe they can come to Your place ant register Your wedding.

Brussel
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding venues

I married my wife in Kaunas in 2004. The ceremony took place in the Rotuse (Town hall).

I am french and the quality of the food for my french guest was the first criteria for the place of the venue. As we decided to have the wedding in Lithuania as a compensation I wanted a diner on french standard. I found the perfect place in Kaunas : Perkuno Namai (http://www.perkuno-namai.lt/). It is also an hotel were all the foreign guest sleep.

The diner and the party were perfect and I was really amaze by the chef. He proposes a wonderful 5

The only problem was for the wine. You can't find decent wine in Lithuania. So I have to bring abouit 100 bottle of wines and champagne from France.

6. Re: wedding venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Lithuania