We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My late Father.

Corby, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
My late Father.

My late father was born in Lithuania in 1915 and died some 20 years ago. I am thinking of visiting Lithuania but I would like to do some research before I go to see if there any of his family still living there. I did e mail the Lithuanian Embassy in London 4 times with no response. Could anyone point me in the correct direction to do some research.. I have his papers with Name ,DOB. Parents Details and Place of birth.

Regards

Angie

CT
Level Contributor
126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My late Father.

You can log into 118.lt to search the Lithuanian phone book for your family name, then write letters to those you find listed and you might get lucky and find relatives. I am in the US and have found some cousins that way, but it was only because my great grandmother's maiden name was not very common. If you know the town/village he came from, depending on the size, you might try looking the town up on line and writing to the town hall or community hall and asking if there are any families by that name still residing in the area.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My late Father.

This is the key Lithuanian office responsible for these matters: archyvai.lt/en/…historicalarchives.html

3. Re: My late Father.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Lithuania