We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting married in lithuania

drogheda,co.louth
2 posts
Save Topic
getting married in lithuania

hi thinking of getting married in lithuania , and was wondering what are the costs for a wedding there [on average wedding not too fancy ,not too cheap] ,still not sure about where or church or registry office .my fiance is lithuanian but he doesnt know much about the process himself. just thought i'd ask the world when i have some time, im also asking ppl we know who got married there .

thanks in advance .

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting married in lithuania

Dont know anything about costs but you will have to get married in the registery office first before you can have a church wedding.

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting married in lithuania

hi

we are thinking of getting married in lithuania in may 2008. i am a lithuanian and the boyfriend is irish. does anyone know how it works?????

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: getting married in lithuania

Hi

We are getting married in August 2008, i am English and my girlfriend is Lithuanian. We have been doing a lot of price checking and it isnt cheap. We were originally looking to do it in Kaunas but now we are thinking of going somewhere a bit more local like Deltuva.

We have a wedding planner doing all the leg work and hes already said that he is over worked next year and hes never seen so many weddings being arranged before.

The prices have become quite high and even the music band playing at the party want a £1000 to play.

And with all the work to do with getting the right paperwork im starting to think it might be easier in England.

Thanks

David

drogheda,co.louth
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting married in lithuania

my god

,i have to say i'm shocked at the prices your wiling to pay .

i got married in may this year in kaunas .

it cost us 2800 euro's for the wedding [for everything [limo for 5 hours ,musicans ,a 2 day wedding reception and food ,alcohol lots of it. and accomadation for 1 night for 31 people ,my dress [rented ] his suit bought,photographer,fireworks etc ,the list goes on and on .

however i planned the entire wedding via the web,i read what lithuanian women where doing ,where is most reccommended , i did not go cheap on the wedding i had everything i wanted ,but i searched and searched for several months for the best place the best cake etc and when i got here i pulled all the final pieces together in 2 weeks .[obviously all the paperwork ,wedding cermony,and reception was booked well in advance,but everything else i did in 2 weeks.

yes prices have gone crazy now ,i know because i've been living in Vilnius now for the past 2 months and will be here now long term.

but i still say 5000 euro's tops even with a large number of people for the reception.

ps what musicans are you getting i'm dying to know who would cost that much? at the time i got married, very good musicans cost 1500litas and that included them travelling 200km+ to the reception.

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: getting married in lithuania

Hi ashling

Its a band called Dreams and they are charging £840 to play from 7PM until 3AM, they arent just wedding singers, they are an actual band,

Thanks

David

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting married in lithuania

Hiya,

I'm getting married in Kaunas in September, 2008. Me and My boyfriend are both from LT and were living in UK for 4 years now. All I can say that everything is not so cheap as I was expecting...I wanted small but cosy wedding, no more 40 people and it gonna cost us no less than 4000 pounds. Almost all summer weekends for the register office in Kaunas are booked, most of the venues for the wedding reception booked as well. I feel very lucky 'cos I got the day and the venue I wanted but it just the start...But my best advice would be to get a wedding planner (which I did) it cost about 15% of your totals but I think is definitely worth it and you don't need to stress so much ...:)

dc
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: getting married in lithuania

Hi all, we are also planning a wedding in Lithuania (most likely in Kaunas sometime in August/September 2008). My fiancee is Lithuanian and I'm Russian but we currently reside in the US. We will have a civil ceremony in the US but would like a church wedding in Lithuania. Can someone please give me names and contact info for your wedding planners??? Thanks!

Navan,co.meath
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting married in lithuania

It seemed like a good idea at the time!!

Am confused have the forms to send back to departement but do we have to book in the registry office there first????I'm Irish,he's Lithuanian

Am getting married(if it gets easier) in Klaipeda and they told us we need the apostle thing first?????Am I right in saying...book a date in the registar office there, get the forms filled then bring them to register????HELP!!!!!!

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getting married in lithuania

I don't know if it helps but try to read this web site: http://www.santuoka.lt. Get your boybried to read it and get him on more websites from lt cos they do have good information. You just need to spend some time for searching.

Navan,co.meath
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: getting married in lithuania

ok!!!!for those who need to know

To get married in Lithuania you must write or e-mail the dept of foreign affairs and they will send you

:a certificate de coutome which declares you are not married

and something you both need to fill in

you must get these signed by a solicitor/notirary public-along with a copy of your birthcert and passport (costs approx €16-€20)

you will receive these back with the Apostille stamps(you need two.....don't forget to pay for two!!)

we brought these to a translator and had everything translated and signed by a Lithuanian Solicitor(organised by the translation beuro)cost-€40

This you then bring to the registry office and live happily ever after :)

Get answers to your questions about Lithuania