We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe for women?

Which Kaunas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
safe for women?

I am vsiting Kaunas on my own this coming week and doing a fair amount of sightseeing on foot both day and night. Is there anything I need to be aware of, i.e. certain areas/places to avoid. Thanks for any contributiions/advice. Isabelle

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: safe for women?

Hi Isabelle

TO be honest even though Kaunas is a beautiful place with a great atmosphere, i would not recommend going outside the city center limits at night. Even in the city center i would always try to be with someone just in case you lose your way and end up in a dimly lit street. In the day you can pretty much go where you want and feel safe, we are getting married there in August, and we will be visiting in January as well. I cant wait to go back, even though i sound cautious its not that much different to Britain these days.

2. Re: safe for women?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Kaunas
Recent Conversations