We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaunus to Trakai

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kaunus to Trakai

Hi

I'm thinking of flying into Kaunus for a couple of days, on to Trakai and then to Vilnius. Would love any advice about public transport links between these cities.

I'm also posting this on the Vilnius forum

Thank's

Jackie

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaunus to Trakai

The bus service within cities is very good. Travelling between ciites though is not as easy as in England. The fares are cheap for us but they may run at slightly odd times. For instance, I was staying in Marijampole last week and wanted to travel to Palanga on the baltic coast. The only train left at 1.30 am and the bus left at 6.35am and took some 6 hours.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaunus to Trakai

The bus service within cities is very good. Travelling between ciites though is not as easy as in England. The fares are cheap for us but they may run at slightly odd times. For instance, I was staying in Marijampole last week and wanted to travel to Palanga on the baltic coast. The only train left at 1.30 am and the bus left at 6.35am and took some 6 hours.

Get answers to your questions about Kaunas