We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair to Kaunas

Dublin
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Ryanair to Kaunas

Hi

Good luck with flying with Ryanair.

I was supposed to be flying with them recently but they cancelled our flight, didn't provide any compensation & as a result with missed our connecting flight. A journey that should have taken us 8hrs took us 24hrs & we arrived exhausted. My fiance got irate with them as he was going over to work & they got the Airport Police & confiscated his boarding card so we couldn't get on their next flight 4hrs later. We were going to bum a lift with the crowd my parents were going with but we couldn't get through to the gate to the Topflight rep.

I for one nor will any of my friends fly with Ryanair again. They were completely apathetic to the inconvenience that had been caused to us & have the worst customer service skills I have ever seen/heard of in my life or am likely to hear of I might as well add.

Don't fly with them unless you don't mind being let down, treated with bad manners & are prepared to wait hours for your flight.

Therese

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

Hi

I have flown with them dozens of times and never had any trouble whatsoever. Twice they changed flight times and both times immediately refunded the fare.

Ryanair is a bus service only in the air, would your local bus company compensate you if they cancelled one of their busses I doubt it.

One thing they have done is they have driven down the fares charged by the national air lines, so even if you do choose to fly with someone else then you can thank Ryanair for a cheaper journey.

If you read the statistics you will see that they are the most punctual airline, way ahead of BA.

It's a shame that you had this trouble but as for Ryanair to Kaunas I will be booking with them as soon as their summer flights are out and if they cancel the flight then it's tough on me but working on the assumption that I save at least £100 per journey and I've made at least 30 then I will still be quids in.

Jackie

Kelme
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

Flying with Rynair ist useful only when there ist no cancellations.

If there is a cancellation you must be prepared to waste time, money and connecting flights.

I flew several times wiht Ryanair but I had also desagreable experiences with cancellations and now I think twice before flying with this company.

RIGA, Latvia
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

I can only agree, I have heared such stories about cheap flying. you simply have to be ready for this. For me still price is the most important thing and I stay faithfull to Ryanair. Let's say I risk.

Kelme
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

I mean that a flight must not be a lottery.

It makes me impression how Ryanair is efficent in several points. But if Ryanair wants to be efficient, should be also efficient in this point (cancellations problems) and think more of its clients.

Saidelis

Lithuania

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

You get what you pay for, it seems. I have never used Ryanair and some of the stories I hear aren't encouraging. Although I pay a little more, I always fly with flyLAL (Liuthuania's own airline) or Baltic Air. They have always been punctual when I have used them both summer and winter.

RIGA, Latvia
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

Statistically Ryanair cancells less flight than most of other airlines, they are very precise airline too, with rare delayes., Yes yes, check the statistics, Ryanair in this regard is star performer with SAS I think.

But when they have to cancell flights and it is inevitable for air transport they don't provide you with service - because you simply have not paid for that. it is your choice finally, Ryanair is excellent in the regard that they they are excellent value for money. But there are plenty of insurances availbale that will cover the losses of cancelled flightsall costs for taxis hotels and new flights.

Droitwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair to Kaunas

I've been constantly flying to Kaunas with this company and I've never had any problem. Coincidences are difficult to escape :)

Get answers to your questions about Kaunas