We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many stag parties

aylesbury
Level Contributor
42 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Many stag parties

My wife and i would like to visit Kaunas but we have heard that some of the Baltic states have attracted a lot of stag parties.Is this the case in Kaunas we want a lively town without a lot of drunken men staggering about.

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Many stag parties

They come from time to time to both Kaunas and Vilnius but probably they feel that nobody will praise their animal beahviour here and prefer some other countries, not LT. Thanks God. Plus, in both Vilnius and Kaunas they are somehow not so noticeable or something, well, maybe if they would gather in some square, but there are no such squares that one couldn't very easily avoid them (or anybody/anything else). All that noise somehow disappears quickly, in comparison for example to other places you have heard about, those other places have different urban planning, different context and such, and that makes impact to general impression, as well to "details". In other words, if you come across some gang of drunk brits it won't spoil your mood or general impression, it all somehow dispels in the streets. It's not a case in those other places in other countries.

I can say that brits'... hmmm.. behaviour is legendary but those who managed to create such reputation were not "staggering men". Some were, for example, british officers (who lost their jobs after their "adventures"), some others were the brand new lovers who managed to fell in love to death and arrived to their first rendezvous (and later all papers were writing incredible stories about most silly foreigners) - but they were not the members of stag parties. So in this respect the stag parties are not a problem, someone who is not aware what's happening in the neighboring countries may be even surprised what's so wrong with those stag parties, or something. So if you see the one or two they should not annoy you at all, take them as a laughing stock and that's all. To be honest i saw those stags only on TV, or on few reports from custody, but whether the latter was related to stags i'm not sure.

aylesbury
Level Contributor
42 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Many stag parties

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it will not put us off visiting your country.

3. Re: Many stag parties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Kaunas