We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isaak Levitan in Lietuva

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Isaak Levitan in Lietuva

hello,

I read that Isaak Levitan was born somewhere in Kaunas region. could you please tell me if there a museum or other places that are connected with him? How far is it from Vilnius? Would you please tell how I could get there?

Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
133 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isaak Levitan in Lietuva

Hi, Isaak Levitan was indeed born in Lithuania. In Kybartai. Kybartai is on the border of Kaliningrad and very close to town called Vilkaviškis. There are definately buses going to Kybartai.You can take bus from Vilnius to Vilkaviškis, there are severel busses per day and from Vilkaviškis there quite a few busses to Kybartai.There is a train station in Vilkaviškis as well (check www.litrail.lt) which trains are going to Vilkaviškis. I am not aware of museum for Isaac.

I hope this helps you a little bit.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isaak Levitan in Lietuva

Hi, Arturas. Thank you. Unfortunately while visiting Lithuania I did not have a chance to go to other Lithuanian places - ot fortunately I did not. which means that next time when I go there I am planning to visit the place you mentioned, as well as other culture-related towns like Kaunas (read: Ciorlionis) and Nida (read: Thomas Mann).

3. Re: Isaak Levitan in Lietuva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:20