We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

could someone please tell me what the direct options are from Vilnius to Brest. All the options seem to be via Minsk.

thanks

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

Ask about this at the Belarus forum, where there is an excellent 24/7 service :-)

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

"...direct options are from Vilnius to Brest..."

So not direct options does not suit you? If you took a trouble to look at the map you could see that the road to Brest from Vilnius goes via Druskininkai, but since you necessarily want direct... No direct. And never was.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

But I could go to Grodno directly could i not, spend a night and then go on go brest?

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

It seems recently the route Druskininkai-Brest has been enhanced (served by Belarussian company) - the bus departs from Vilnius to Brest at 15:20, arrives to Brest same day at 23:55, but only on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Since i didn't need to go to Brest can't say for sure, but think there should be a regular connection Grodno-Brest, maybe even the train (on LT side the tracks are partially dismantled, so no trains respectively).

And there are 4 regular daily buses Druskininkai-Grodno, the earliest one at 06:55, departs from the platform "Gardinas direction" (Gardinas is an LT name for Grodno / Hrodna).

Vilnius-Druskininkai also is easy-peasy, many buses per day.

So you can either spend a night in a spa resort of Druskininkai, or in Grodno and catch a transport from there, or get that newly born direct bus if the days suit you.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

This Belarusian company which operates the Druskininkai - Grodno - Brest route, which is this? I see tickets are sold through autobusubilietai.lt, but the name of the company is not listed.

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

I actually see that the company is "Bresto AP-1" (Brest Bus Fleet-1) and "Ticket not available on-line" :D. Departs from Vilnius now 14:20.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

How can I get tickets from Vilnuis to Grodno to travel on 04.07.2014 .I'd like to arrive in Grodno about 22.00 Evgenia solfren@gmail.com

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

Try http://www.iticket.lt/

10. Re: Bus, train or Marshrutka from Vilnius to Brest, Belarus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Vilnius