Hi, I will be traveling to the Baltic States either in April or September 2014. The weather seems to be warmer in September.
I’ll be staying in the old town of the capital cities as bases and doing day trips. I have about 21 days.
- Are 7 days in each city a good way to go? I’ll be starting off in Vilnius then Riga and Tallinn (flying home from my last destination). I’m interested in history, culture, concerts, architecture.
- Can you suggest any day trips? I won’t be driving and will be traveling alone.
- I’m considering my travel options b/w these cities. The flights are less than an hour and the bus ride takes more than 4 hours. I’ve found http://www.luxexpress.eu/en and http://www.hansabuss.ee/index.php?page=3& on older threads. Do any of you have experience with either company? Is the bus ride comfortable? Which airline for the flights?
- I've narrowed down my hotel options but would love to hear from anybody with very good or bad experiences
- Any other tips or advice are most welcome