We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilnius to Riga

Venezia
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vilnius to Riga

I need to get from Vilnius to Riga on the 30th of December. What would be best by the bus or by the train, and is it easy to get tickets or is it best to pre book them.

Thanks alot.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Bus, there really insn't much train service in the Baltics anymore. Because it's near New Year's maybe booking ahead may make sense, though normally showing up is fine. The trip takes about 5 - 6 hours. Have fun, boith cities are great, I especially loved Vilnius

Venezia
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Thanks for your help

Bilthoven, The...
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilnius to Riga

I also just showed up. No problem. I think there were several buses a day from Vilnius to Riga.

If you are with more people and need to be there quick, try renting a minivan/car with driver. It costed me 350 litas. A very good price for the 4 of us. The driver was very nice and stopped at a few nice villages and brought us to the hotel in Riga. Saved us from taking a taxi from the bus station. All in all, very comfortable and at a good rate.

Northern Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Tapoetapoe

Do you know who you rented the car/mini van with? Also are is there anywhere this can be done online

Sounds as if its quite cheap and would be preferable to the bus.

Thanks

Stuart

Bilthoven, The...
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Hi stuartni,

I got the companies phonenumber from a friend in Vilnius. I forgot the companies name. I do know they also rent out apartments. I'll try and find out for you. It might take me some time as i'll be travelling a lot the coming months.

Lithuanians always seem to have a friend that can provide in these tmatters, so maybe even asking hotel attendants would help. Or just phoning a hotel and asking if they can help you with it and how much it would cost.

Athens
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilnius to Riga

because I also have to reach Riga on August 23rd until 10.00 in the morning, could please somebody give me a help, concerning hiring of a car with driver?

thanks alot in advance

usa
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilnius to Riga

i need to get from riga to vilnius late march. there are four of us and we are interested in a private vehichle transfer. anyone with a suggestion as to a reputable and well priced company?

London
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Hi

I am planning to travel from Vilnius to Riga for one day in mid-June. I wonder if the car hire with driver option is doable, whether the prices are reasonable (with economic collapse in the Baltics) similar to the price you paid in 2006?

London
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Hi

I am planning to travel from Vilnius to Riga for one day in mid-June. I wonder if the car hire with driver option is doable, whether the prices are reasonable (with economic collapse in the Baltics) similar to the price you paid in 2006?

Lomas de Zamora...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilnius to Riga

Hi,

i have to be in Riga's airport on 7 july late at 11:30. I'll be in Vilnius so i have to move from vilnius to riga airport. I was thinking to do it by bus... Any idea how much time does it takes, and how much it cost? Thanks in advance!!!

Get answers to your questions about Vilnius