We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

France
11 posts
Save Topic
Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

is it easier if we are flying into Helsinki to fly to Tallinn via commuter airline? Or, is ferry preferable? How long does it take to get to the ferry terminal from the airport and how much will it cost? How much does the ferry cost? Do we need to make reservations for the ferry in advance?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

Check Finnair for flight information. It will be more convenient to fly but the ferry will probably be cheaper, possibly even faster if you have three or more hours between flights.

You do not normally need to book the ferry in advance. The main ferries are Linda (1.5 hours), which is the fastest and usually cheapest service, and the more comfortable Tallink and Viking (2 hours).

Edited: 07 August 2010, 10:06
Tallinn
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

It may be worth checking flights via Riga with Air Baltic. Not sure if its cheaper, but often they have good deals so it's worth taking a look.

http://www.airbaltic.com

Andrew from EstAdventures.

Edited: 07 August 2010, 21:04
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

I wouldn't bother. Flying via Riga or anywhere else will be slower than taking the ferry for sure. And there's always the chance of your luggage going astray.

Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

The shortest flying via Riga is 4 hours and 25 minutes. 14:10 Paris (Charles de Gaulle) 17:50 Riga (BT692) 18:40 Riga 19:35 Tallinn (BT317) Economy Class: A + A.

5. Re: Help! I can't find the best way to travel to Tallinn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 06:16