We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Help with determining price of rooms"!

Ohio
Level Contributor
440 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
"Help with determining price of rooms"!

In looking at prices for lodging at some B&B's, they usually say...single in a dbl room cost X amount and dbl cost X amount. So does this mean, that the price stated for the double room is for 2 persons and not twice X amount? I know that this might sound confusing, but, I need it clarified as in our last tip to ireland, the price per room was always doubled the stated amount if 2 people would be occupying the room. Now that Estonia has the Euro, it appears to be somewhat more expensive for Americans in Estonia and if the cost of the room doubles, the cost could become prohibitive. Could anyone help with this question? thanks

Estonia
Level Contributor
501 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Help with determining price of rooms"!

for me it have been quite clear so far and the prices haven't changed in terms of EUR.

If you book through booking sites usually it is price per room and if you looking for single then it is stated as single.

If you booking hostelworld then usually there is price given per bed, so if you take private room for 2 then you have to pay 2 x bed price.

Hope the above makes some sense or give links and examples and I answer them to be precise.

Tartu, Estonia
Level Contributor
984 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Help with determining price of rooms"!

Booking in B&Bs and hostels, the prices are per person. Hotels prices are quoted per room. This is the same all over the world though, is it not?

The Euro in Estonia for Americans makes no difference. The exchange rate remains the same, as the kroon was pegged to the Euro for years previously.

Edited: 15 January 2011, 12:41
Ohio
Level Contributor
440 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Help with determining price of rooms"!

Thank you citybike and Oravad for your help. No... it is not the same all over the world regarding pricing for B&Bs, though perhaps yes for hostels and hotels. In the USA, Argentina and Canada, to name a few, it is for the room not per person in B&Bs. Here are 2 examples in Estonia: www.hot.ee/poskavilla which says that a single room is 45 euros and a double room is 55 euros etc. Anther example is: www.saaremaa.ee%20guesthouse which makes it clear that it is per person. I am guessing that the first example is for 2 persons in the same room, but probably would not know for sure unless, i contact the B&B itself. However, right now, iIm just trying to get an idea of what 10 days might cost us. Thanks much for your help.

Estonia
Level Contributor
501 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Help with determining price of rooms"!

I got the message now!

If we have mentioned single room, that means there's only 1 person allowed to stay there and often there is only 1 bed or 1.5 size bed.

That is quite often the case in B&B and tourist farms.

As I remember in US you always pay per room

5. Re: "Help with determining price of rooms"!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 05:30