We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

We are planning a trip to Estonia and other Latvian countries, In view of what is happening in the Ukraine, is it safe to travel to that region?

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

The events in Ukraine have had no impact on the safety of tourists (or anyone else) in Estonia.

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

The events in Ukraine are worrying of course, but the Baltic countries are and remain literally among the safest places on Earth.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

No need to worry at all.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

I'm going back to visit friends in a couple weeks (I visit every couple years), and I have no fears of Putin trying anything.

Remember that Estonia is a full member of NATO! That fact, alone, will keep it safe.

5. Re: Is it safe to travel to Estonia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17