We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which forest or park is best to visit?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Which forest or park is best to visit?

I will be attending a conference in Tallinn in July and I have one free day to explore and would like to visit the best nature park in Estonia. I know there are many, but which one will be the best to visit if I can only pick one, that is not too far away from Tallinn?

3 replies to this topic
Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Which forest or park is best to visit?

Just in town, 1 km from the Old Town is Park Kadriorg, where is nice palace Kadriorg with the nice garden and art museum inside. It is big park for walking, there you can find a few ponds and fountains and also Estonian presidential palace is located there.

If to go out from town then I would recommend to visit Lahemaa National Park and go to “Viru bog”.

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
631 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Which forest or park is best to visit?

Lahemaa represents many faces of Estonian nature; some bogs (like Viru bog), some pristine forests (around Oandu) and beautiful sea-side views (for example in Altja and Käsmu).

There are a few providers offering day trips to Lahemaa from Tallinn, but you can also just rent a car yourself and explore the area. In that case, you can start at the visitor center at Palmse and ask what places are particularly worth a visit at that time.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Which forest or park is best to visit?

Lahemaa has my vote, too. One thing - have mosquito repellent with you. You will need it in July.

Reply to: Which forest or park is best to visit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted