We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

Hi,

Doeds anybody know of a website where I can buy two one way tickets from Tallinn to St Petersburg in July?

Thanks

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

Many travel agencies sell them. Here is a local Estonian one. http://www.reisiekspert.ee

You can also buy them in person at the Tallinn train station which is cheaper than ordering online.

Happy travels,

Alex

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

Do you require a visa or any paperwork/documents before travelling to st petersburg from estonia?

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

Do you require a visa or any paperwork/documents before travelling to st petersburg from estonia?

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

To entry Russia you must have a visa for Russia.

You can only gain a Russian visa now, from your country of residence. i.e. London UK.

You can do this yourself, But i would recommend getting a visa agent in London to do your Russian visa for you.

Russian visa are not cheap, nor is Russia.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

So how much are we talking for food, drink, transport etc on average in Russia against the £?

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

Hi,

Firstly the visa is not cheap..

Accommodation is not that cheap also:

If staying in a hostel book in advance and make sure you have confirmation. can also rent apartments also which is a cheap option.

Transport is cheap in St Pete or Moscow. trams buses etc, if taking taxi just stick your hand out and any car will stop and then negoiate the rate you want to pay.

Food and drink depends upon where you eat and drink? if you eat in Russia canteens then cheap. but most bars international bars etc very expensive.

Just rememeber moscow is the most expensive city in the world and i think st pete is 10th

It all depends upon where you want to go? If you tell me what your plan is then I can tell you how much approx it will cost?

South Dakota
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

I'm very confused about the departure and arrival times for the Tallinn-St. Petersburg train. Some websites say that it travels during daytime, others say it is an overnight train. Can someone please tell me the real story?

Also...I have a Russian tourist visa. Do I need anything else to go to Tallinn and then return to Russia. I only plan to be in Tallinn for one day.

Thanks for the help!

Tallinn
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

http://www.gorail.ee/?id=1477

Saabub = time of arrival, Väljub = time of departure, Moskva aeg = Moscow time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

Hi

Does anyone know if the Tallin - St Petersburg train runs on 25 or 26 December. We have tried online and those dates not available yet and we have rung the trrain company but still no idea! Would be helpful to know if anyone did it last year?

Thanks

London
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: train tickets Tallinn to St petersburg

I just read on another website that the overnight train between Tallinn and St P will be discontinued from 1 August 2008. So if it is the o/n train you were looking at this may be why there is no ticket availability. I am trying to work out train travel between the 2 myself on 26 December 08.

Anything you find out would be appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Tallinn
Recent Conversations