We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Tallinn

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ras Tanura, Saudi...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Tallinn

Hi everyone.

I've been reading this forum for a few years, but this is my first post.

I am spending 5 nights in Riga, and then 5 nights in Tallinn this September.

Is there enough to keep me occupied for 5 days in Tallinn? I've heard conflicting reports on this subject.

I'm a 30 year old male, single, and like to use my vacation time to travel to different places and just relax and mingle with the locals. I plan on a little sight seeing during the day, and checking out the night life in the evening.

Any recommendations for someone like me?

I have reservations at Hotel Bern. Is there plenty to do within walking distance, such as shopping, bars, etc?

Thanks in advance for any info.

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

You could take a day out and do the ferry trip to Helsinki. Try Nordic Jetline. Nice way to spend a day.

Summer capital
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

It's quite in the center of Tallinn, in old town. Viru shopping center is near there, some couple of hundred of meters. There are also several night clubs around, all in around kilometer or so. Just stay out of Club Angel, since it's a famous for being a gay club.

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

You could visit Lahemaa national park - about 50 miles from Tallinn. It's a nice place to walk around and have picnics. Our friends went there in April and looking at their photos, I bet it must be even more beautiful in summer.

You could also take a private guide in Tallinn. We used www.travelmerchant.eu and would well recommend them. You can also try contacting some other companies as well. I think Estoravel or Estravel(?) offered pretty nice tours too.

Have a great trip.

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

Tallinn is lovely, you could easily spend five days there or more and not be bored. But you'd miss out on so much; the rest of Estonia is wonderful too!

If you like nature then definitely go and see the National Park; there's lots of people that do tours out there.

As a fellow single traveller to Estonia I'd particularly recommend one of the one day tours from estadventures. They are the only people I could find that have organised mini bus trips to places other than Lahemaa that a single person can book - the others I could find all needed at least two. They are definitely reliable, they still ran one of the tours for me when I was the only person that turned up!

Alternatively, if you're a bit braver, you could take the train or bus to another city like Parnu or Tartu for the day.

5. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2008, 18:54
6. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2008, 18:54
7. Re: 5 days in Tallinn

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 12:23