We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Choice

Coming to Tallin in July/August with my daughter. We are looking for a good 3* or 4* Hotel in or near The Old Town. Air conditioning preferable, and we don't want to be on a noisy street. Don't mind if the Hotel is traditional or modern, but a decent breakfast is a must.

Thanks.

Estonia
Level Contributor
501 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Choice

most of central hotels have air conditioning, specially 3-4 star ones.

Choice is really wide.

In old town main square might be a bit noisy but most hotels in Old town are quiet.

And most of hotels have renovated within last 5 years.

Most hotels have decent breakfast also, buffee style.

If you have any other more specific desires let them know, will be easier to recommend.July/August will be high season, advance booking recommended

Edited: 28 March 2011, 19:50
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Choice

Than you very much. I have only just booked our flights for 14th July for 4 nights and Radisson Blu on Ravala Puistee? is offering a good price.

Do you think it is reasonably near to the Old Town...within say 5-10 minutes walking.

Thank again.

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn
Level Contributor
501 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Choice

Yes, it's bordering a high-rise business district about a 10 minute walk from the Old Town, with big shopping centers inbetween and all around. The hotel is modern and probably caters mostly to business travellers, but I'm sure it's fine.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
487 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Choice

I personally think it is the most boring hotel in Tallinn, unless you happen to be an IKEA fan - those light beechy furnitures, beige and blue and totally characterless. But everything else perhaps is good, incl. food :). For business, yes...

I would have suggested some of the following

Schlossle

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274958-d276621…

New ones are coming but it is still one of the best, esp. the FOOD. Pricey, though, but they have a former sister hotel (new owners now, I believe) that is almost as good but cheaper:

St. Petersburg

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274958-d276622…

I would really recommend that one, within a less than most expensive budget, actually. (The best of the best now perhaps is the Telegraph.)

A new one but also right in the old Town and good reviews of breakfast :) :

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274958-d612248…

really, do not miss waking up right in the middle of it all!

The street is a bit noisy, though, as it is the main entrance/exit street.

Otherwise the Radisson will of course offer great views, if you stay high enough, and it is on the opposite side of the very centre of Tallinn that is made up of the huge shopping centre Viru Keskus, the Opera, and the slip of the park between them. You just need to walk past or through those to enter the old Town. And for some reason all celebrities stay here, I guess the service is good enough then and it is easy to arrange the security measures around there. Perhaps have a meal in the above hotels, instead - the first 2 have splendid 5* restaurants. :) or even stop for a cappuccino or something, in middle of sightseeing, esp. Schlossle has a romantic small entrance hall with a huge fireplace and excellent cappuccino. While St. Petersburg has a secluded window alcove with a parrot, and also excellent drinks and refreshments.

I would also look at apartments, and buy and combine your own breakfast - there are excellent cafes, sushi restaurants and supermarkets with gourmet sections all around. Feel like you live there! :) These are on a nice street, even offer cont. breakfast:

http://www.romeofamily.ee/about.htm

These offer some more choice:

…goodsonandred.com/tallinn-short-term-apartm…

These lastly are my favourite, used to rent one of those when it was still on long-term market and I was young and successful, and very upwardly mobile ;).

http://www.oldhouse.ee/tallinn-apartments

Maybe a bit pricey now that they finally understood what they have :) but some are very charming indeed, and w fireplaces or sauna or a secret terrace looking into the courtyard. And they all are on most charming streets in the Old Town, esp. Vene is very near to all kinds of breakfast options, too, while Rataskaevu is a very picturesque street.

I mean, isn´t a trip also about experiences, then why have one less by making the most boring (deeply sorry!) accommodation choice?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
487 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Choice

Then again (sorry just noticed!) daughter might prefer the buzz of a big hotel rather than contemplating a fireplace in a beautiful solitude :). But then Paris Hilton, for example, stayed in Nordic Forum ;D.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274958-d817717…

Edited: 08 April 2011, 22:59
6. Re: Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:18