We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Tallinn to Vilnius

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get from Tallinn to Vilnius

I'm going in July and would like to fly, but the only direct flights are Air Baltic, which has ghastly reviews. Other airlines are hugely expensive and seem to connect in Stockholm or Copenhagen and take hours. Would driving, even if it is 8 hours, be the best way? Or take the bus, which is 9 1/2 hours (ugh). Or should we chance Air Baltic? I don't want to spend a whole day in a car or bus, but that would be preferable to having a flight cancelled with no notice and being told to come back in two days!

There are three of us, including our 21 year old tall and restless son.

Certainly some people seem to be ok with Air Baltic, but I've never seen an airline with so many terrible complaints posted about it.

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best way to get from Tallinn to Vilnius

I took the train from RIga to Tartu last September and it was a good trip. Not exactly quick, but smooth, inexpensive and with some decent scenery. I think the train would be good for part of the way and the bus the rest.

As for Air Baltic: I've flown on it several times recently and it has been perfectly good for the money. I transferred through Riga airport without a hitch. Is it Finnair? No, but it was a small fraction of the price and comfortable enough.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 22:47
22. Re: Best way to get from Tallinn to Vilnius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:15