We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viking Line - Meal option

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Viking Line - Meal option

Hi guys,

Me and a friend are trying to book the Viking line transit between the Helsinki - Tallinn for next September.

I need to ask whether is it worth it to book the meal option online as well since the transit time is only 2hours. The website is saying that it will cost more onboard. (Buffett bistro option is Euros 24 per person online). Or else buy something onboard that day.

Also does the Viking Line still leaves to Tallinn leave Helsinki from the south harbour?

Thanks for your help

Charles

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viking Line - Meal option

Viking Line sails from Katajanokka, which is an easy walk from downtown Helsinki. In addition to the buffet, the Viking ferry also has a cafeteria where you can get a bite. I wouldn't bother booking in advance, it only saves a couple of euros and it's more interesting to eat in Tallinn.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viking Line - Meal option

Hi

I don't know if this still happens but when I went to book a Viking line crossing a few years ago in English, I got diverted to a travel agent in Manchester who were charging shed loads more than Viking line. So I telephoned Viking line got the cheaper price and paid on departure.

Jackie

3. Re: Viking Line - Meal option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 11:15