We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

Helsinki, Finland
1 post
Save Topic
Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

I have visited NailSpa Tallinn (Narva mnt 9) a couple of times and those times have been quite satisfied. This changed last weekend when me and my 3 friends were having girls' night and tried to have our nails done.

This is what's wrong with this place:

1) Staff is laughing at you and mocking you in Russian

2) They don't do what customer has ordered (even though discussed thoroughly before treatment started)

3) Quality of the result is bad

It was really disturbing that the staff was speaking of us in Russian and we couldn't understand exactly what.

We ordered OPI gel manicure and did say that we have gel nails and would like to have gel overlays for natural nails. Only after starting the treatment they said very strict that "no gel, only gel polish" and "no decoration". Without warning they cut our nails VERY short. After cutting them they explained that it is necessary for gel polish treatment. But we wanted gel overlays!

And in addition, the result was bad. Bubbles in nails and so on.

Just want to say: don't waste your money for NailSpa!

PS. If you are forced to go there, don't waste your money and order sparkling wine together with your treatment. They won't let you drink it because staff is so rushed to get things done and sipping wine would slow them down. Sad but true.

1. Re: Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 06:05
Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
406 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

I forwarded this feedback to NailSpa owner. Let's see if she gives any feedback or not.

It would be useful if you can concretize when you exactly were there.

Tallinn
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

Go here instead http://pikk40.ee/

Ask for Anu

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

I have to laugh. Here in Australia we have Vietnamese nail spa staff. In some places they are very nice and try and have a conversation with you. In at least one brand, they talk amongst themselves, never say anything to you, except point to what they want you to do, lift feet, move here, etc. Whats more if you are in a group they ignore that too, and move one of you away from the others. Last time, my daughter was moved, and we were left, and then after a while we thought Oh they have forgotten about us, so my daughter in law left ( we paid in advance) and then they saw me and made me sit for another 20 minutes under lights to dry my nails.

I thought most nail spas were like this, and would not be surprised to find them in Tallin, being just as rude only in Russian. Glad there are some better places.

Trondheim, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

teijavaa: When I read about your experience (unfortunatly too late) it was like reading about my experience today. Some staff members were rudely mocking me and yelling in russian, rolling their eyes, disregarding my order, and even did a crappy nailjob, one nail fell of in the salon! By the end I just felt like laughing, becase it felt like I was trapped in a Seinfield-episode....

6. Re: Avoid NailSpa in Tallinn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:21