We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation advice in Tallinn

Oslo, Norway
10 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation advice in Tallinn

Hi,

We are planning our trip to Tallinn in the beginning of June 2013 for just 2 days. We are a couple in our late 60's travelling with our 2 friends. Here are questions we still looking for advice on our trip to Tallin:

1. Advice on two hotel rooms or a two bedroom/2 bathroom apartment in Tallinn old town?

2. Which and when we can take ferries from Tallin to Helsinki? What's the price for it?

Thanks to everybody who replies.

Karina.

Norway
Level Contributor
166 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation advice in Tallinn

Hello Karina,

there are many hotels and apartmants to chooce between so it depends on your budget. Some hotels to consider is: Telegraf, Three sisters,Viru hotel, Schlosse, L'Eremitage, Nordic forum to name some. But I send you a private message.

Have a nice trip to Tallinn.

Oslo, Norway
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation advice in Tallinn

Asterix, thanks a lot for your help!!!

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,912 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation advice in Tallinn

There are several ferries on the Tallinn-Helsinki route. For information about which to take and when to book, see http://tinyurl.com/d5fbkl8

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation advice in Tallinn

I can highly recommend St Petersbourg Hotel!!! You can see my elaborate review (including ratings of 7-8 categories) of this great hotel here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274958-d276…

I will tell you this place is just perfect! I have never had a more helpful or friendly staff on any of my international travels.The cost when I was there in July'12 was very reasonable considering the quality and location... about $150 USD/night for a large single room.

Aside from value, the huge benefit to this hotel is location! It is located in central old town, essentially right at the cusp of where the terrain starts to ellevate up to the fortress area. It is also just one block to the main squrare and as an added bonus, about 3 doors down from Kompressor, which I highly recommend as well! Speaking of eating, dont miss Lido at the mall no more than 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Amazing selection of food (cafeteria style) and probably the most afforable meal you will find in Tallinn for the good quality of food. I typically was able to get a large plate of food, 2 drinks and desert for under 10 EUR!

Please let me know if you'd like any other tips or info as my trip there is still very fresh in my mind:)

5. Re: Accomodation advice in Tallinn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 07:17