We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

Washington DC...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

I will be traveling to Tallinn in March for a study program for a week, so I will be busy during the morning and day time hours. My evenings will be free and my question is where to go during night time hours? I'm 25, turning 26 that week and am interested in pretty much everything from bars, clubs, and dining. I found some places on the tourism website but would like to hear from real experiences. I'm used to paying around $12 a drink here in Washington DC, although eating and drinking on a budget would be nice. And average temperatures in March range from the low 20s to low 40s (Fahrenheit). Is that correct? Thanks!

Edited: 11 October 2013, 20:09
Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

The In Your Pocket online guides probably cover what you want. They are updated a few times a year so are quite current, which is quite important for bars, clubs etc. that come and go quite regularly. You will also find prices much more 'friendly' than Washington.

Estonia
Level Contributor
501 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

Avarage drinks in the bars:

- beers 3-6 eur

- cocktails 5 and up

Clubs to go:

Prive - upmarket

Club Hollywood - mid range

Venus Club - mid range, more russian audience

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

The general Culture events are posted in advance.

But what bars and clubs they start posting there event calander about two weeks or one month before. so repost your request 1 month before coming to remind me. Then I can give you an update of what is happening and where.

It will be cold in March.. expect around -15

Many lunchtime special deals

Happy hours from 4 and 5 in many pubs and bars.

Drinks in night clubs from 4 to 8 euros depends upon the club however. The vib in the night club depends upon what it on and whom is DJ...

So only action on wednesday i would say is hollywood.

Friday and saturday go to Vbank or theatre (later seem to finely got it right)

Again remind me and I will post what is happening, a month before. alot of these people on the forum not night owls... i had friends in venus a week ago and it was a ghost town in there...March is tricky as its the coldest month. so picking the right place on the right day is essential and this rolls around what is happening in the club on that day...

But one thing for sure is hollywood on wednesday, only place that has a crowd on wednesdays...woman get in for free. go there around 12.30 not before...

Washington DC...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

Thanks guys! The pocket guide is definitely helpful. I will definitely be packing heavier clothing as well. Pricing seems a bit better

@Hotelstallinn, I saved your post and will send you a message a month prior.

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

No probkem Eric,

will be waiting you message....

Washington DC...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

Shot you a message hotelstallinn

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
9 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

To eat on budget stay away from old town and go to Kalamaja neighbourhood - there is Sesoon, Kukeke, Fhoone, those are located close to the old town but more local and better prices. Nightclubs: Vbank, Prive, Hollywood. Check out also couchsurfing community, Maybe you will find some people to hang out with. Very touristical but unique is Oldehansa - medieval restaurant where you can eat bear meat.

Estonia
Level Contributor
501 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

My favorite dinner place is Sessoon, have been there lately couple of times and it is always god. And the prices really good, food delicious. Portions big, ladies could satisfy from first course and dessert. And yes, Kalamaja is more fun than old town, in meaning of eating out.

New place is also resto Deep, next place to check, soon! Rumors tell itś good

9. Re: Traveling to Tallinn in March 7-16, What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19