We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Just returned from a 9 day solo trip, backpacking around the Baltic countries....Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

All 3 countries are stunning, with great people. I stayed at 3 Hostels on my travels

The Red Emperor in Tallinn

The Naughty Squirrel in Riga

Jimmy Jumps in Vilnius

All 3 places were great places to meet fellow travellers, and I made some great friends on the way. The weather was so cold -26c at one point, but the snow and frost made the places even more beautiful.

Ive written a blog with some details and lots of photos..

http://balticbackpacking.blogspot.co.uk

Estonia
Level Contributor
501 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

really nice pictures!

holmfirth
Level Contributor
421 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

hi can you tell me the name of the first bar that looked like it was underground in Tallinn

we are flying out in May so will be a lot warmer but your pictures are sure going to look better then mine with all the snow, they are beautiful. your blog is very well written too

thanks for all your information

kia

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

Hi Kia

The underground "hobbit" like place is called Kehrweider, just off the main square in Tallinn....more of a coffee shop than a bar but I think they do serve alcohol? It's a great place to chill out, or in my case warm up! Thanks for your comments, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!

Will

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

haha i met Athena as well at Jimmy jumps, Vilnius back in September time..Top blogging!

houston
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

Great pictures. Looks like neat place to visit, but live somewhere else. We visit in May

Sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report

I loved your photos!

Sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report

I loved your photos

Detroit Michigan
Level Contributor
77 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report

Enjoyed your well writtten blog and photos! I'm going to Estonia in early July. Look forward to seeing some of these places. I hope to see Latvia and Lithuania on another trip.

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report

I loved your trip report. I found it very informative and entertaining. Your pictures were amazing. Such beautiful places. I'm leaving shortly on a trip to the same three cities and also to Helsinki. Thanks so much for sharing your trip and experiences.

Detroit Michigan
Level Contributor
77 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report

I'm going to Tallinn and Saarmerraa in early July. If you are going in June, please post your thoughts or ideas on places to see in Tallinn. Would be nice to hear about other people's experiences.