We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

Another question for this forum please if anyone can help:

During our visit last year we were able to buy some amber and silver jewellery in Liepaja ("Crafts House" which houses a variety of individual artisans/crafts people in the one centre) and in Cesis (Smithy in Cesis Castle). For our visit this year I am looking for a similar crafts centre or silver jeweller in Riga that would make traditional jewellery to order if necessary. I would prefer to support individual artisans rather than more tourist oriented bigger stores if possible, but will of course also consider jewellery stores.

Please let me know if there is such a centre in Riga, or if anyone can recommend individual artisans or stores (please send me a private message so as to not infringe TA rules).

Thank you!

Wigan
Level Contributor
118 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

when I was over there in may, I found a nice little shop at the top of aldaru iela in the old town that sold hand made jewellery by a guy called Rotkalis Gunars Berzins I think his name was... some relly nice stuff, they also had stuff by other makers, worth a look.

2. Re: Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 19:36
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

Hi Lorikeet_17, I think redqueeg is referring to salon "Dāre"; they sell the works of several Latvian craftsmen and have a website in English, just search for "salon Dāre" on Google :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

Thank you all!

5. Re: Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 19:36
6. Re: Traditional silver jewellery / silver smith / craft centre

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 08:19