We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places to each for family with small children

Israel
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
good places to each for family with small children

We are going to Jurmala in August with our two small daughters, what are recommended places (not too expensive) for launch and dinner.

Edited: 30 May 2010, 08:22
Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good places to each for family with small children

Are you staying in Jurmala or just coming for a day visit. If you are staying, where are you staying?

The majority of cafes and restaurants are situated on the main street - Jomas street - in Majori. The prices are generally a little higher than in Riga, especially in the summer season. Try smaller places, not restaurants.

Israel
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good places to each for family with small children

thanks, we are staying in Baltic Beach hotel in Maiori, and we are coming for 8 days in August.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good places to each for family with small children

Baltic Beach Hotel is nice. Many people say it is not really 5 star, but I personally like it. Keep in mind that both restaurants in the hotel - Caviar Club and the Italian one - are expensive. Just stroll along the Jomas street and you will definitely find something suitable.

Israel
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good places to each for family with small children

thanks for a help

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good places to each for family with small children

You are welcome!

Have a great stay in Jurmala. I hope the weather will treat us nicely in August!

Bodø, Norway
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good places to each for family with small children

I have no advice, but as I'm travelling to Riga and Jurmala with my two girls, I'm interested in advice on things to do and see in Jurmala, other than the beach of course. We will be going to Jurmala on daytrips from Riga.

7. Re: good places to each for family with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Jurmala