We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment for 1 for Fall Semester

Which Liepaja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaufort, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Apartment for 1 for Fall Semester

Hello,

I'll be teaching at the university in Liepaja from August - December, and need an apartment with kitchen facilities. Some I've seen have only a 1-burner cooktop; I'd like a bit more so I can entertain there. Suggestions please! Kay

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment for 1 for Fall Semester

hey,

i am originally from Liepaja, haven't been there for a bit, but it's not hard to find a good flat for value in the city center. Usually fully furnished.

there is local, homepage liepajniekiem.lv, and it advertises flats to let. only thhing is all the adverts and home page is all in latvian.

hope this will help you somehow.

but i am sure you will enjoy Liepaja

Beaufort, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment for 1 for Fall Semester

B0nnitta – Thanks very much for your response! It’s good to hear there are flats available. Probably it is best to wait until I arrive to make my arrangements. I’m a little concerned about the cold, and whether flats will be heated enough.

Another thing – I am trying to learn something of the language, and the customs and culture. I am getting the impression that older people especially (who experienced Soviet oppression) are extremely reserved, don’t talk to strangers, etc. Americans in contrast are quite boisterous and open. So I will have to "tone it down." Any suggestions will be most welcome! Thank you again! Kay

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment for 1 for Fall Semester

Hi Kay, I travel to Liepaja all the time and it is a fantastic, beautiful city. The Latvian people are reserved, but once you get to know them, they are very kind and generous. Some are shy, due to lack of command of the English language. I suggest you look at the Tripadvisor site under apartments for rent, Liepaja. Also the Liepaja tourism office has apartments listed as well. They are also very helpful. www.liepaja.lv Select English, Tourism, Accommodation. Best wishes, Judith

4. Re: Apartment for 1 for Fall Semester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Liepaja