We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strip Clubs

London, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Strip Clubs

Hi

I'm looking for decent strip club in Latvia for a small stag party, can anyone recommend me a few places?

I've done a bit of research on strip clubs in Latvia and came across some negative press regarding scams, being charged the earth for drinks and threats of being beaten up.

Any advice for a first timer to Riga?

Thanks in advance!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
740 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strip Clubs

"Any advice for a first timer to Riga?"

Avoid strip clubs.

I'm sorry to be blunt but there are many cities in the world where you can safely visit strip clubs. In Riga it more often than not seems to mean being ripped off. Until the Latvian authorities sort this out I'd avoid them like the plague.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strip Clubs

I fully agree with Valencia. Do not go to strip clubs in Riga. Here they are still regarded as places to ripp off foreigners and local money-bags.

And I wouldn't recommend Riga as a city for a stag do. As it was written on this forum many times, we, locals, still do not see the advantage of generous stag doers coming and spending their earnestly earned money in Riga on booze and girls. I'm sorry, undeveloped, uncivilized country, you see:-):-)

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Strip Clubs

"I'm looking for decent strip club in Latvia for a small stag party, can anyone recommend me a few places?"

"No" is the simple answer.

If you haven't already booked your trip I would strongly advise you to look elsewhere. The strip clubs in Riga are run by the very worst of the rip off merchants, many of them "Russian Mafioso" types who will take you for every cent they can, and when you realise that you have been seriously scammed for many hundreds of Lats will 'persuade' you (in the nicest possible way of course) that you should pay the bill and leave quietly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strip Clubs

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately we've all booked up now, no turning back :-( Since strip clubs are out of the question, what about bars and clubs? Am I likely to get ripped off too or can you recommend some places to me?

Many thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Strip Clubs

There are plaenty of good bars, I very much liked Paddy Wehlans,I wasn't there with a stag party ,but there were a few small parties there when i was in.

Good food too.Not the cheapest place around but not bad,certainly slightly cheaper than the UK.

Lots of TV screen showing football and other sports.

inyourpocket.com/latvia/riga/by_night/sports…

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strip Clubs

Yes - think you got the picture now ;;

If you are a small group 5-8 persons try

Velvets - they use to have exotic dance at bardesk

end of week days...

Velvets are a nice place where you also can have a

well cooked dinner before the fun ;)

Dancefloor as well...

Just avoid being noisy and foorball t-shirts :))

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
213 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strip Clubs

don't Paddy Whelan's have striptease show now? I haven't been, but it is supposedly in response to the fact that other places shamelessly rip you off

though you have to reserve in advance at Paddy's for the striptease show

http://www.pub.lv/

Perth
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strip Clubs

My husband and I just got back from Riga, visited a few good pubs that are very Brit- friendly...Paddy Whelans, Stars Sports Bar, Red Fred (all on Greckineu), the bar in the Riga Old Town Hostel is also good for a cheap beer.

Paddys does a great 'Chip Butty' too- huse portion of chips in a Naan Bread with curry sauce- just what you need to line your stomach before a few beers!

Avoid Mary's on Greckineu- the American Embassy have warned that its a total rip off joint, plus all the places on Kalku- Lords Bar, Puzzle and Roxy's

If you fancy an activity for the day, the Bowling centre on the other side of the river- about five mins past The Raddison Hotel, has huge bowling alley, pool tables and a few bars- good cheap day out- especially to escape from the cold!

As far as nightclubs go, Club Essential is near the Skyline Bar in the Reval Hotel and from what I have read, is OK as long as you behave!

From our experience, Riga was lovely, as long as you are friendly and polite the locals will treat you with the same respect.

London, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strip Clubs

I spoke to a friend of mine who went to Riga last year. He recommended to me The Cigar Club for stripshows which didn't try to rip him off. He also mentioned a nightclub called Fantasy Club, anyone been?

10. Re: Strip Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 March 2009, 12:51