We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train trip & tickets

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Train trip & tickets

Hi there,

Can I buy train tickets Riga-Moscow online?

When crossing Latvia/Russia boarder, should tourist expect any trouble with immigration officers.

I don't need Visa to Russia, even though I was told they can be tough on you...

Thank u All!

Mentioned in this post
Riga
Riga
Riga Region, Latvia
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Latvia
Latvia
Europe
Russia
Russia
Europe
Blueberry Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips
Agenskalns Suburban Tour Riga
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train trip & tickets

Hello,

I think that you can book train tickets by phone, but still you need to take them out 2 or so days before you travel. Have a look at Latvian railway homepage http://www.ldz.lv/?object_id=861 (in English).

I've travelled to Russia probably 15 years ago last time, so can pass over only other people advice on borders. They still can be tough and rude to you, this is true. So, it is better that you have all your documents in order and maybe some additional papers with you as well.

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
2. Re: Train trip & tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Riga