We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

Norway
Level Contributor
36 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

I just want to warn anyone who is planning on going to Riga and book airport transfer from this company www.rigashuttle.com. Stay away - they are a fraud!

We had booked a transfer and payed 18 Euros in advance. Having done this with no problems so many places before, I assumed this would be no problem.

Well - they never showed up, and did not answer any of the so called emergency numbers. We ended up taking a taxi, which is no problem at all in Riga. I would not have booked transfer at all had I known this in advance.

This company also operates under the name Airportways Worldwide Ltd. Same company and same phone numbers. My advice is to not do any business with this company and spread the word to others!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
740 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

There are always lots of private taxis waiting at Riga airport so provided you take one of the red ones and agree the price with the driver you shouldn't be paying more than 15 euro from there to any hotel in Riga centre. There really is no need to book shuttle services in advance.

Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

I assume that AirBaltic shuttle is ok www.airbaltic.com/public/airport_express.html

Riga
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

Just take the 22. buss 0.70 Ls or 1 euro.

Schedule

saraksti.rigassatiksme.lv/…

Route map

saraksti.rigassatiksme.lv/…

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
213 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

or get a Baltic Taxi voucher (reliable taxi company owned partly by Air Baltic - the lime green taxis at the airport - of which there are usually plenty) -

airbaltic.com/public/baltic_taxi_vouchers.ht…

8 Latvian lats or 12 Euro from Airport to anywhere in Riga.

Alicante
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

Im sorry to hear u were so unlucky . for me everything worked out fine earlier in May with them. smooth service, driver on time.

6. Re: Rigashuttle.com - airport transfer disaster!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Riga