We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Hi all

Could someone please give me some advise on SPAs in Riga. I am heading to Riga this weekend with my girlfriend. We are staying for three days and would like to head out to a SPA for the afternoon (probably Sunday)

From what i gather some of the better SPAs are out in Jurmala? IS this correct? Also that may suit as would enable us to see another place when we are there.

If anyone could specifically recommend a SPA it would be a fantastic help and also let me know how easy it would be to get there on a Sunday. We are staying at the Tallink Hotel.

Many thanks as always for your time.

Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Hi,

here is some general information abot Latvian SPAs: http://www.latvia.travel/en/spas

Hotel Bellevue & SPA was rated the best SPA in Riga in 2009 by the magazine RigaNOW! Reviews here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274967-d102638…

Jurmala is a good alternative to Riga because of sea, fresh air and calmness. Reviews here: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g274964-Jurmala-Hotel…

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Thanks fonsanta, advice is appreciated. If anyone has any personal experiences / recommendations then please let me know. Many thanks

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

We've been to SPAs in Hotel Jurmala SPA and Baltic Beach Hotel is Jurmala. In Jurmala you have a great advantage of a fantastic walk along the neverending sandy seaside after your treatments or breakfast or whatever. Yes, sunbathing and swimming season is long over, but the seaside is beautiful in any season. I've lived in Jurmala for 20 years and I know what I mean:-) At the moment there is a golden autumn over here, but the fir-trees forest is still green. If the wind is not so strong and there is no rain, you can enjoy the fresh air for hours.

Well, about the SPAs. Baltic Beach hotel is located direcrly on the seaside, but it doesn't guarantee you the room with a view, since there are many restrictions for building in this zone, so don't expect it to be like Turkish beach front hotel. Some people say that the hotel is not 5 stars and it still has a Soviet style in it. I don't know, it is a matter of taste. We liked it. Breakfast was good and rich. Treatments enjoyable. The pool very good with seawater and sauna next to it. In "Lauku sēta" (Country Yard) zone there is a unique bathhouse made of some special stone, Finnish sauna, jacuzzi outside and some other interesting things. We liked it better than another relaxation zone - Flamenco. Well, google the name of the hotel and you will find all the information.

Hotel Jurmala SPA is located a bit further from the seaside, but on the main street of Jurmala town - Jomas street. We had a room - not standard one, but a bit better, not sure how they call it - and it was fantastic. Modern design, but still with homely feel. And the balcony. We liked the treatments as well. There is a big sauna/pool/relaxation complex, we liked it as well. But keep in mind that it gets very crowded on weekends and Friday evenings. Noisy kids, etc.

Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Hotel Bellevue & SPA is in 5-10 min walking distance from Tallink Hotel, address: Raiņa Blvd. 33. (It still has the former name on the roof- Nordic Hotel Bellevue).

For Jurmala hotels take the trains going to Ķemeri, Sloka or Tukums from Central train station that is very close to your hotel. Get off at "Majori", both hotels mentioned by Eva are in 10 min walking distance from the train station.

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Many thanks all, much appreciated

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

I recently took a guest from England to the Taka Spa in central Riga (Kronvalda street) for a half-day treatment which he said was really excellent - not cheap but extremely good.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

I agree with the previous post - Taka Spa is very good. Really worth the cost.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Check also ESPA Riga http://espariga.com/en, just behind the Raddison Blu Latvija Hotel (ex-Reval).

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

Thanks all.

RE Taka Spa

Can you just turn up there or do you need to pre book?

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spa Riga **This Weekend**

You need to book. Taka Spa is quite exclusive place, not public baths. This is what is said on their website:

Appointments

We will wait for your call in order to arrange the best time of arrival. Please take note that in the event of tardiness, we may not extend treatment times.

Cancellation

If you wish to change your appointment or cannot arrive at the scheduled time, please notify us at least one day in advance.  If you notify us later, we retain the right to withhold 50 % of the cost of the reserved procedure.

http://www.takaspa.lv/

Get answers to your questions about Riga