We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

Paarl, South Africa
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

2 of us are planning to take the overnight bus from Riga to Warsaw just before the Easter weekend 2011.

Any tips or suggestions?

Long queues at border posts?

We have Schengen visas.

From what I've read the bus takes anything from 12-16 which is not a problem but I would like to know if we need to add on a considerable amount of hours for the border crossing.

Anyone out there who can advise?

Thank you so long

Ilse Zietsman

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

I haven't travelled by coaches for ages, but as fas as I heard from others, scheduled buses do not spend much time at the border, so you can count on the time shown in your timetable.

Paarl, South Africa
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

Thx so much for your reply. MUCH appreciated.

Have a lekker (as we say in Afrikaans in South Africa) day.

Neuchatel...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

The bus Riga - Warsaw operates according to schedule, there are no significant delays, except in bad weather conditions or due to heavy snow/ice in winter.

Edited: 25 March 2011, 11:29
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

I think there are no delays on borders, cause Latvia is inside Schengen. Your bus must be be on time, without any delays.

Paarl, South Africa
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

Thx for your reply! Excited about my trip! Especially about Latvia! Have wanted to see Riga since 2000.

Edited: 30 March 2011, 21:42
Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

Hi, i am planning to go from riga to warsaw too.. what bus line did u take and how much does it cost?

Paarl, South Africa
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

Hi!

Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the bus company but there was only one option and it was a breeze to travel from Riga and Warsaw! No paper work, no official business, everything was easy-going.

Just make sure where the bus will drop you off as there is more than one stop and we found it confusing, more so because no English was spoken. One stop is outside of Warsaw and it is a bit inconvenient to get to where you need to be next.

Enjoy! I loved Riga, in fact there is something about the Baltic countries that really appeal to me.

Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

From Riga to Warsaw you can take either Ecolines or Lux Express bus. Prices are similar, about 11 Lats one way. IlseZ possibly used Lux Express as they have 4 stops in Warsaw, but Ecolines- only one.

For more information please see the attached links:

http://www.ecolines.net/?l=2

http://www.luxexpress.eu/lang/

9. Re: Overnight Bus Riga Warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Riga