We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re : Currency.

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Re : Currency.

Has Latvia started using the Euro in 2011? Or is the Lat still the used currency ?

Neuchatel...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re : Currency.

Lat is still the official currency. The adoption of Euro as official currency has been postponed until 2013. Moreover, it is possible that due to pressure from the IMF, the adoption of the Euro will be delayed even further.

Count St. Germain

Edited: 29 March 2011, 10:04
County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re : Currency.

Hi,

Thanks for replies re Latvian currency.

PONTEFRACT
Level Contributor
3 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re : Currency.

Just got back today from Riga. The Latvian Lat is the only currency used, however, some hotels will accept Euros.

There are loads of change bureaux in the Old Town...but shop around as rates can vary quite surprisingly in only a few metres.

However, you will get a better rate through the ATM on your card (check your fees though). I got 0.779 through the ATM and the best rate in the Old Town at the bureaux was 0.75 with an average of aorund 0.72 and as low as 0.68 in 1 place.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re : Currency.

Hi David,

Ta for your information. Much appreciated.

Wigan
Level Contributor
111 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re : Currency.

Exchange rates at Latvijas Krājbanka

British pound 0.7934

whenever i got to riga i always take cash with me and take into any Latvijas Krājbanka... always seem to get the best rate.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re : Currency.

Also i think you can trust on Swedbank, Nordea, DnB Nord exchange rates. So it is safe to use any bank branches.

7. Re: Re : Currency.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:16