We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riga to Kuldiga on the bus

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Riga to Kuldiga on the bus

Can someone please tell me what bus I need to get into the centre of Kuldiga. I have been reading that the bus stops about 15 mins away from the centre of town. Also are there any timetables showing return journeys.

Thanks

EU
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riga to Kuldiga on the bus

Hi Jaine

Here is a link to the bus timetable Riga - Kuldiga

www.1188.lv/transport/bus/schedule…

Click on the crossed arrows to see return buses

AO means autoosta or bus station

Kuldiga's bus station is in the south-west of town but is only about 600m. from the old town.

Enjoy your trip.

Steve

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riga to Kuldiga on the bus

When I was in Riga last summer I took the bus to Cesis, and learned an important detail about at least some bus travel in Latvia. When I bought my bus ticket, there was a number printed at the bottom of the ticket. It wasn't the platform number so I ignored it. (I don't speak or read Latvian, so I had no idea what the number was for.) When the bus started boarding, the driver began to call out something, as people boarded. I stood there waiting in line. Then the driver started repeating something in a questioning tone, and the woman standing next to me pointed at that number on my ticket and pushed me forward.

It turned out that you board and pick your seat in the order the tickets for that particular bus are bought. So if there is a number at the bottom of your bus ticket, and the driver starts calling out what might be numbers as people board, count along with him until he gets to your number. Then show the driver your ticket as you board.

Edited: 11 February 2013, 00:28
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riga to Kuldiga on the bus

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information!

4. Re: Riga to Kuldiga on the bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Riga