We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riga in three days.

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Riga in three days.

I am working on a rough itereary for the region and at present I have three full days in Riga and possibily two half days. I arrive by bus from Vilnius and depart by ferry to Stockholm. I get the impression Riga is fairly small and three full days might be too much, I'm not interested in museums, interested in architecture, cultural and historic sights. Are any day trips from Riga worthwhile? I need to organize my hotel bookings asap and I don't know if I have allocated too much/too little time to each city.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riga in three days.

There is never too much days in Riga ;)

Its right that the Old Town is small, but if you are really interested in the old

buildings you can find many treasures by walking all the small streets.

Then you also have the Art Nouveau district and the Pardaugava wooden house

district both outside the Old Town.

Day trips could be the old castle in Sigulda or Cesis - there is more about this in

the forum and finally you could enjoy the beach resort Jurmala.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riga in three days.

Hello! If you are interested in architecture the Art Nouveau buildings are a MUST. Fabulous, extraordinary

Riga, Latvia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riga in three days.

I like Ligatne. You can visit Ligatne Paper Mill, Secret Soviet bunker, nature trails. www.visitligatne.lv/apskates-objekti?lang=eng

but could be that it is easier to reach these objects by car.

Riga, Latvia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riga in three days.

If you have spare time and you are interested in culture heritage, you can join us in a cooking class.

5. Re: Riga in three days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Riga