We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange - Old Town

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange - Old Town

Can I just clarify that its bettert to take sterling rather than use a cash machine/ATM?

We are staying at Kramu Street near the Cathedral in the old town. Can you give me the name of a reputable money exchange place where we can change up sterling?

Many thanks.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange - Old Town

You need to ask your bank or an English visitor - I always

use the ATM. Some info here:

tripadvisor.com/…41527987

Edited: 17 May 2013, 15:41
Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange - Old Town

In Riga I change money at the "Marika" exchange offices as they normally offer good rates. Please see the attached link for more info and maps: …valutas.info/banks-exchange-points/…

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange - Old Town

Check with your bank regarding using ATM.

There will be plenty of currency exchanges in Old Town. Marika is good, or Tavex. You can actually use any of the currency exchange booths, but just compare the rates. Some exchanges "for the tourists" have the rate which is 10-15% worse than others.

4. Re: Money exchange - Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 07:16