We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki

My husband and I will be visiting Helsinki on Thursday 26 Sept 2013-Saturday 28 Sept 2013. During the 3 days prior to my visit to Helsinki, I might visit Riga and/or Tallinn.

My questions are the following: I plan to fly from Amsterdam to Riga on the Sunday evening, explore Riga on the Monday, fly or use bus to Tallinn the Tuesday, then explore Tallinn the Wednesday, then take ferry to Helsinki the Wednesday evening. Does this sound over-optimistic or do-able? Is it worth seeing both Tallinn and Riga, or is it better to concentrate on one city, if so, which one would people recommend most?

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki

It is do-able and will give you a quick impression of both of

the beautyful cities. But Tallinn and Riga are very alike when

you see them from outside, ofcource there is differences but

both are old Baltic cities with Hanse influenced buildings.

I think you will enjoy it better if you concentrate on one city and

I would ofcource recommend to visit Riga.

Try look at the forums and tourist infos and compare where

you find most POI´s that have your interest to see.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 07:47
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki

Thank you for your helpfull advice, I appreciate it!

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki

I think your original plan is very much alright. You can do both. Helsinki is nice too--to live there, but I must say a bit boring to visit, unless you have a good programme. Good luck!

4. Re: Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Riga