We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December in Riga or Budapest?

10 posts
Save Topic
December in Riga or Budapest?

my boyfriend and I are planning a trip at the beginning of December. We're hoping to spend 5 days either in Riga or Budapest, but can't decide which one as we're very interested in both cities. Actually, we'll do one city this winter and the other one in Spring. Which city do you experts think is better in December? If you could give us pros and cons for each city, that would be great!!

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December in Riga or Budapest?

The winther months can be very hard in Riga,

but December is also very cozy with the Christmas

decorations and markets.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: December in Riga or Budapest?

I personally think that Riga is much more beautiful in Spring ( if we are talking about late spring, after April). Although Old Riga can be very impressive during the Christmas time- medieval city in ( with luck) snow can really give an impression of even time travel.

Riga in late spring is full with flowers, wonderful smells and I think it is much more fun.

Rezekne, Latvia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: December in Riga or Budapest?

I think Riga is beautiful at any season. In winter I would suggest you to visit Old Riga and Open-air museum in Jugla where you could ski.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: December in Riga or Budapest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:18