We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Riga to Liepaja in the winter.

Mons, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Riga to Liepaja in the winter.

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a trip to Latvia for 6 days, and I'd like to go to Riga, and Liepaja, but it's during New Years. I know the roads won't be perfect, but how do I go from Riga to Liepaja during the winter time? Are there still buses that run? Are they several times a day? Are there any alternatives? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Riga to Liepaja in the winter.

How much time did you use for research?

You can go by bus, train or car. Everything is

working in Latvia during wintertime, they are used

to have winter every year.

Of course there can be delays if heavy snow.

For shedule you can check: http://www.1188.lv/transport

Jelgava, Latvia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Riga to Liepaja in the winter.

Hello Alexander-Ansbergs! The EastwoodDK are wright. The best transport to Liepāja are bus. The tickets start from EUR 8.55 and buses goes 20 times at day. The heavy snow is very rare in Latvia. You can not worry.

Welcome!

3. Re: How to get from Riga to Liepaja in the winter.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Riga
Recent Conversations