We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Riga town centre

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading
5 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Riga town centre

There is 14 lads away on a football trip and we are trying to find cheap but cheerful accomadation in the city centre where we can stay............. we did look at X-Dream but it seems a bit to far out and we have looked at Fun Franks Hostel.... has anyone stayed there.......

cheers

London
Level Contributor
333 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

football trip......who,z playing?????

Preston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Friendly Franks has an excellent reputation.

If you want rooms of 2, 3 or 4 on the cheap end, then look at Hotel Multilux (clean friendly and 10 mins from old town ~ 10-20lats pppn) Lenz guesthouse or Radi un Drauga.

Reading
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Thanx a lot we will look in to this..........

Much appreciated

Carlos

ireland
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Hi carlos, 24 of us stayed in Franks in June , it was all we wanted, clean, safe, cheap , friendly staff, and excellent location.

Reading
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Thanks for this information it is appreciated everyone....

Think we will enquire on the hotel and cost....... it looks like a decent place........

So anywhere we should be going and places we should be avoiding........ ????

Cheers

Carlos

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Carlos 2000

I ' am going on my stag next year to Riga, we where looking at X Dream but I have heard so many bad reports. Where did you stay in the end & would you recommend it?

Riga
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

i'm sory i shoudn't say nothing...but i will...about bad reputation...dunno dunno..my sister workin in hotel reception and it's not nice at all when guys come over drunk and break everything what they c and can break...and about x-dream it's quite nice place friendly people..last week there happend very bad thing..one english went with stag to old town and hurt his hand quite bad..he went to hospital becouse it was very serious..and guys what workin in reception they help to hes friends and so on...but next day gils what workin in lap dancing club there went to c him..to help get home..so not bad at all....ok maybe i'm not rite but my opinion is that if u are nice with people people will be nice with u...no?

riga
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

X-dream is ok. about 15min from the city centre. also try to check the OLd Town Hostel in the very center of Riga.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Malvina you are right! If you treat people well and with respect they will treat you the same way.

Reading
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Riga town centre

Thanks for all your comments but we have now booked to stay at Franks Hostel as it seems to have everything we want.

We are not going till the end of November.

I dont know how we got on to *how people treat people though when all i wanted to know was a good place to stay*

Never mind we will look forward to a good weekend away........ but can someone say the best clubs to go to as i have heard mixed reports on this now.....

Cheers

Carlos