We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any opinions on going to Czech for a snowboarding holiday ?

Israel
Level Contributor
580 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any opinions on going to Czech for a snowboarding holiday ?

I'd like some opinions on Czech as a destination for a snowboarding holiday. How are the ski areas in Czech ? Which ski areas do you recommend ?

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,473 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any opinions on going to Czech for a snowboarding holiday ?

You found the right forum - Spindleruv Mlyn is the best area for skiing in Czech Republic, both for snow conditions, lifts and accommodation. I am a skier so if I was going to Czech to ski this is the place I would go. Snowboarding is not my thing :)

But overall, Austria would be my choice in central europe. If late in the season - France.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,473 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any opinions on going to Czech for a snowboarding holiday ?

http://www.spindleruv-mlyn.com/en/

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any opinions on going to Czech for a snowboarding holiday ?

I would definitely advise going elsewhere - Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France although being Czech myself. The level of prices is almost the same but the quality of slopes...ah well.

There is a joke saying that Czechs wanted to have slopes like in Austria, where you go up in 2min. and ride down for half an hour, but they kinda messed it up...

Edited: 17 September 2010, 12:40
4. Re: Any opinions on going to Czech for a snowboarding holiday ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Spindleruv Mlyn