We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Parnu - Saaremaa, Saaremaa aroun

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Parnu - Saaremaa, Saaremaa aroun

Hi,

we will take bus from Parnu to Kuressaare. Is it worth to stop in Muhu (where exactly?), spend a few hours there and then continue buy bus to Kuressaare?

The next day we would like to see as many interesting places as possible on the island. Has anyone done in with public transport?

thanks

3 replies to this topic
Tallinn, Harjumaa...
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Parnu - Saaremaa, Saaremaa aroun

To be honest you are better off renting a car. Public transport in rural areas is not so frequent and you might get stuck somewhere.

Muhu is a nice place to visit. Definitely spend some time there.

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Parnu - Saaremaa, Saaremaa aroun

If you take a bus, I would not stop in Muhu as there is not much to see near the bus stop. Spend the time in Kuressaare.

You would need a car to see Saaremaa outside of Kuressaare.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Parnu - Saaremaa, Saaremaa aroun

You can see a fair amount of Saaremaa by bus. I've done Saaremaa and Muhu by bus and hired bikes. This was about the perfect combination if the weather is good. I cycled from Kuressaare via the meteor crater at Kaali and on to Muhu, where I visited Koguva village, which is worth a look, and a nearby emu farm. I took the bike back to Kuressaare by bus.

Reply to: Bus Parnu - Saaremaa, Saaremaa aroun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saaremaa