We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

Which Tavira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone can advise me! I will be travelling to Tavira on Saturday next (4th March) and hope to arrive from Ireland to Faro Airport around 9.30am! My hotel is Vila Gale in Tavira - Does anyone know the best mode of transport to get to the main point in Tavira? I know that the hotel offers shuttle service, but I haven't been able to get a response from them as to how much that would cost? Does anyone know if coach/buses are located outside the main entrance of Faro Airport, as a lot of other European Airports are?

Any help - much appreciated.

Suzanne

Ireland

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,231 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

There are taxis at the airport but a pre-booked transfer would be much cheaper.

There a no buses at the airport except for the Urban route 16 which runs into town about once every hour. On Saturdays there are buses at 1007 and 1047; the journey takes about 15 minutes.

The number 16 stops outside the railway station and then about 200 yards further on at the bus station in the centre of Faro. Fare €1.55. Or you can take a taxi into town for about 9 Euros.

From Faro to Tavira you have a choice of bus or train.

Neither are very frequent on Saturdays. The next train is at 1225 arriving Tavira 1308. There is a bus at 1100 but after that not until 1325, arriving one hour later. Train fare €2.30, bus fare €3.15

Unless you want to make time and space for something to eat and drink to break your journey I recommend a pre-booked transfer.

Tavira is a similar distance from the airport to where I live. I expect to pay around 30 Euros for a pre-booked transfer.

Hope that helps.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

Hi Cubsur,

Many thanks for that information. I will possibly wait and try to get the hotel to arrange for pick up from the airport (depending on the fare!). If not, I will avail of the transportation as you suggest. Thanks again, it is most informative!

Best regards

Suz

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

Hi DockeryS,

If you are thinking about using a shuttle service, have a look on the website of Travel Republic.

They offer a shuttle service.

From Faro to Tavira, it's coming up as £18 return.

Hope you get sorted, and have a lovely holiday!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

Thanks Amanda! Will do.

Suz

5. Re: Taxi or Coach Bus from Faro Airport to Tavira!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 23:18