We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tavira - Spain

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Tavira - Spain

I am visiting Tavira in June and would like to take a day trip to Spain. We will be renting a car so we can drive, but dont want to be driving half of the day! Looking for somewere nice near the boarder for a bit of lunch and a look round. Know anywere??

Mentioned in this post
Tavira
Tavira
Faro District, Portugal
Spain
Spain
Europe
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tavira - Spain

First check that your car hire company will permit cross border travel. Some do not and some will slap you with a hefty surcharge if you tell them.

Ayamonte is the first town across the bridge in Spain and is nice little town. Just down the road are the resort areas of Isla Cristina but I have never been there.

Otherwise there isn't a great deal until you get to Seville, about 90 minutes drive away.

Mentioned in this post
Ayamonte
Ayamonte
Province of Huelva, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Isla Cristina
Isla Cristina
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,295 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tavira - Spain

I have been to Isla Canela and Cristina and was not much impressed.

As Cubsur says, Ayamonte is a nice little town. Beyond that there are little towns all the way to Huelva and Seville and again, as he says, they are not in my opinion that great. Ayamonte does have some reasonable Tapas Bars. Bear in mind that many Spanish Restaurante and Tapas Bars in small town close after 15:00 (local time) for Siesta, although in Ayamonte the main ones in the centre do stay open most of the day..

One hire company that does let you take cars into Spain without any any additional charges is Luzcar. - http://bit.ly/d5Z4h3

Mentioned in this post
Isla Canela
Isla Canela
Ayamonte, Spain
Ayamonte
Ayamonte
Province of Huelva, Spain
Province of Huelva
Province of Huelva
Andalucia, Spain
Seville
Seville
Spain
Spain
Europe
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tavira - Spain

Can one take a train from Tavira to Seville?

Edited: 15 May 2010, 23:49
Mentioned in this post
Tavira
Tavira
Faro District, Portugal
Seville
Seville
Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,295 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tavira - Spain

Search this forum. This question has been answered many times before!!!!

As always see Cubsur's site here:

http://bit.ly/cVorPb

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tavira - Spain

There is no train link between Tavira and Seville. I drove from Tavira to Seville very recently - 1.5 hours. Found easy parking in Seville, by the river as you come into Seville, cost €11 for the day, although they are dearer car parks.

Mentioned in this post
Tavira
Tavira
Faro District, Portugal
Seville
Seville
6. Re: Tavira - Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Tavira