We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campgrounds in Lauterbrunnen area

Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Campgrounds in Lauterbrunnen area

I've found two campgrounds in the area and wonder which one in the best for tent camping. We will be staying 5 nights and using the campground as a base for sightseeing in the area - especially hiking.

Thanks for the input.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campgrounds in Lauterbrunnen area

They don't get any better than Camping Jungfrau. They are rated 5 stars for both winter and summer. Great facilities, right at the foot of the Staubach Falls, along the rushing Lutchine river. Complete store, resturant, laundry facilities, great shower and restroom facilities too. Staff is as friendly and knowledgable about the area as can be. I've spent the summer there since 1984 and met some of the worlds most interesting people. Reserve your spot early if you plan on being there in August.

www.camping-jungfrau.ch

Check out their site. Camping in Switzerland is one of the few real bargains you will find and Camping Jungfrau is the best I've found anywhere.

Enjoy your trip.

Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campgrounds in Lauterbrunnen area

Thanks mountaintopper. I'll make a reservation today. Lizardgirl

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campgrounds in Lauterbrunnen area

Lizardgirl, I agree with mountainhopper. This is a fantastic site, with wonderful views. The nearby stores carry all that you will need. The site is close to the railway station.

Hope you have a great trip. Don't forget your camera.

Regards

John.

4. Re: Campgrounds in Lauterbrunnen area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 22:17