We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip in Lauterbrunnen

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trip in Lauterbrunnen

dear all ,

we are planning a day trip in Lauterbrunen.we are travelling from Interlaken ost to Lauterbrunnen early in the morning.we have decided to go to Shilthorn Via Grutchip,back jouney from Schilthorn to stchelberg via Grimmelwald.we also want to visit Trummelbach falls on our way back to Lauterbrunnen.and at the end we want to go back to Interlaken ost to spend night there ,so we can travel back to Zurich early morning.

have we planned it appropriately .is it possible to do this much in one day.

any suggestions please ?

which is the most suitable and closest station stop in Interlaken in trip.

Thank you

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

Yes it will all work fine. The Ost station is the only station that has trains to Lauterbrunnen.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

great.many thanks for quick response.

evening before ,we are travelling from Zermatt to interlaken.when we try to find our route on swiss website ,it gives list of different stops in same city and we cant decide about exact place.Does Zermatt has only one main station? please correct if I am wrong.

in U.K ,we have system of post codes to locate and find exact address .is there any such kind of system in Switzerland ,which can help to give us idea of exact location.how does Sat Nav works there.for example ,in U.K ,we always enter post code and it gives us directions.please help.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

There are two stations in Interlaken , west and east east is the terminus stop for the SBB trains and those of the Zentralbahn, route to Lucerne so for ease I would enter Interlaken Ost. There are buses and taxis form Interlaken Ost to all parts of Interlaken. Do you have an hotel booked if so it might be useful to post it and we can probably help.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

That will work perfect :) We came back from Switzerland 2 weeks ago and one of my favourite trips were both the Schilthorn and walking through Lauterbrunnen. We went on a really sunny day heading towards Trummelbach falls. We didn't realise where the bus was but I suggest if it is a nice day to walk through the valleys. Some of the most wonderful views I've ever seen! I could not recommend that more. Trummelbach falls was nice too but will cost about 11CHF but it was worth it :) Sorry it doesn't really relate to your question but I loved those areas :D

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

Thank you very much every one.

I have booked following hotel.

Hotel Interlaken hohew 74 Interlaken 3800.

My queries are still same as above.

any suggestions please

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
615 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

why don't you book a hotel in Lauterbrunnen ? there's nothing to see in Interlaken as the town is a rail connection area only . you are seeking the beauty of the mountains so why not to book your hotels there ?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
77 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

Yes, I think that is correct, Zermatt has only one main station. It is right in town and well located. Zermatt is a beautiful and peaceful place, you should enjoy it.

You can do what you want to in one day . However, if the Lauterbrunnen area is your main focus then it may be better time wise and expense wise to stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren rather than Interlaken. Interlaken is much larger and a pretty city, but you will have to travel from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen then back to go Zurich. Murren is where you will take the cable tram to go up to Shilthorn. There are hotels there and would be a lovely place to stay with excellent views. Get up early and do what you have planned then train to Interlaken and then on to Zurich.

Whatever your decision, you are visiting one beautiful area!!!!!

Enjoy your trek!!!!!

8. Re: day trip in Lauterbrunnen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Lauterbrunnen