We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

hello.

we will travell with our 17 months old toddler in lauterbrunen velley in the following june and started to collect hiking/walking trails suitable with a boogie.

is one of the trails from allmendhubel down to murren (blumental panorama trail maybe) is possible with a boogie?

thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
72 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

I don't know the answer to your question, BUT, an ErgoBaby carrier (or something like it) would be a very good investment for your whole trip, and give you a lot more flexibility as to where you could hike!

Germany
Level Contributor
317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

Shalom Wolfang Amadeus. We hiked *up*, and there is absolutely, positively no way you could take a stroller on the route we took. There may be a stroller-friendly route but I don't know it. I think you'd be better off taking the funicular up and down and walking around up there. Mürren-Winteregg-Grütschalp however is very doable with a stroller and you can catch the train back if you get tired. Lovely panoramas of the valley along the way.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

Thanks... We really hoped for a diffrent answer... But probably will have to take the funicular up and down

Germany
Level Contributor
317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

Now that I think about it, the route of the winter bob run might be quite doable with a pram in summer. Why don't you email the tourist office and ask them about it?

mymuerren.ch/8/…_3km

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj0JRyZPhzc

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

My son was 15 months when we did this walk, he walked some of it, was asleep in a backpack for the rest. It was a good walk, very much enjoyed by all.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

hello skitandoori -

we will probably wont travell with backpack there for interested in path that can be done with a boogie -

do you remember the name of the path you take? because there are some paths from allmendhubel to murren. do you remember if it can be done with pram?///

suzy - thank you for your reply -

i will check with the local tourist information. do you remember what path did you take from allmendhubel to murren?...

Germany
Level Contributor
317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

I've made a map for you Wolfgang: s30.postimg.org/47y4z9o35/allmendhubel.jpg Sorry I can't seem to embed images here. The green line is our approximate route and the pink line is one that might work for you. I know the upper part at least is a dirt road but it may be too steep for a stroller so please still check with the tourist office.

8. Re: hiking down from allmendhubel to murren with a stroller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:18