We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and what to do if raining.

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Cathie...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and what to do if raining.

Can anyone please suggest a fairly good weather site for lauterbrunnen. What are the temps like now??

We are due to arrive 28th may( next week) for 2nights and would love to see schilthorn but what is there to do if it's raining ??? Thanks for any help in advance.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and what to do if raining.

I would suggest a trip on either lake you can get under cover, or a day or half day in Berne, there are several kilometres of covered streets, you can walk from the station almost to the bear garden uinder cover. There is Mystery Park in Interlaken if that interests you.

For weather forecasts without knowing where you are staying, the Swiss television channel 1 gives weather forecasts ever morning from 7:30 inwards, or Swissmeteo, I'm not sure of the website will give you a long range forecast.

Lake Cathie...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and what to do if raining.

Thanks Swiss lover.we are staying in lauterbrunnen . What lakes do you mean please? And also how far to Berne using trains? Would you still suggest visiting Murren and wengen for e.g if it's raining or not? This is our first time to Switzerland so I'm sure we will love it all. Thanks

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and what to do if raining.

Whenever I go to the Bernese Oberland, I bring a rain poncho and an umbrella.

The rain poncho for walking in the mountains, and the Umbrella for day trips.

If it is not raining heavy, and not thundering/lightening, I would walk the valley, or do low walk of some kind. Many people will be out, even when the sunshine is not. I have been told, though I have not visited it myself, that there are working farms in Gimmelwald that welcome tourists in and tell them about their cheese making process. Hope to check it out this summer. I would ask at your hotel about this.

You might consider a ferry ride on one of the lakes from Interlaken.

As far as going up to Muerren, If the cloud ceiling is low, no I wouldn't go to Murren because the view of Monch, EIger and Jungfrau will be obscured. What makes Muerren special - the View of the Mountains across the valley. Have a great trip!

Edited: 20 May 2014, 12:10
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,147 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and what to do if raining.

Weather forecastes see http://www.meteoschweiz.admin.ch/web/en.html

pore

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather and what to do if raining.

I was referring to Lakes Thun and Brienz either end of Interlaken.

6. Re: Weather and what to do if raining.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:17